Tuesday 28 June 2011

turtles and the tate

week 2. Yes I know I'm slow out of the starting gate, but the last few weeks have been frantic here and I'm doing my best to catch up. So just set up igoogle and added some useful gadgets, BBC news handy as I support journalism so always good to keep up to date with whats going on and a currency converter gadgets for when I have to buy foreign language book requests for translation. Oh and for no other reason than I love turtles, the turtle gadget - if you click on them they swim!
I've also just set up Google reader and added in the BBC education feed and the tate feed to keep up with tate events and have no excuse to miss anything! Just added 23 things feed too, couldn't see the RSS feed icon (is this because I'm in Firefox?) but just copied and pasted the url into Google reader and it worked!
Now this blog was orignally created to talk about art and culture, and in keeping with the theme I propose a quick art and culture of the day slot. Borough market, I'm sure you'll all have been but I hadn't been for years. Its much smaller at the moment due to renovation work but its lost none of its charm (or the crowds) If you're on a budget don't be shy and taste a few samples and if you love cheese, treat yourself to a modest purchase - oglefield and stickleton are in my fridge at the moment, but not for much longer!
ps just noticed the handy spell check feature on this blog, fingers crossed - no more typos from me!

1 comment:

23 things city admin said...

Glad you find igoogle useful - this Thing is dividing people a bit. maybe you can incorporate it into the sessions you do for journalism students? Ditto rss, I fidn this veryt useful for journals ToCs etc so it's a really good thing to show researchers.

I love Borough Market too - always drool lovingly over the chocolate stalls!

Rowena 23 Things team