Friday 8 July 2011

fly away home

just managed to get back and check out 23 things after a week off. Relieved to see that i have done a number of the last few weeks things already. I have set up a twitter account in the past but not been brave enough to tweet, I even found a list of backup tweets that I could use for my subjects if I get stuck. I did start to follow a lot of relevant accounts for my subject, so am just going in and updating it now. I'm really keen on using web 2.0 tools but my main concern, I guess like when I started the blog is if I will have the time to keep all of these ways of communicating up to date. I guess its not just that but I need to keep myself up to date on all my subjects first, before I can make others aware of them. But I guess I can do that by getting my twitter account set up so i'm following the right people and make the news come to me? And I don't have a phone that does all this stuff either.And before I didn't really even have time to figure out how has tags worked properly, but I'm getting it. I've just read Emily blog and am feeling a bit inspired that she went through a similar experience with Twitter in that her first tweets were sporadic and a little ad hoc. verena's just said the same thing, so here goes I'm going to brave my first tweet!

1 comment:

23 things city admin said...

Yey! Some people do use twitter just as an info gathering tool, so you dont have to tweet, but it's nice if you do!. If tweeting about the programme then dont forget to use #23thingscity

Why not tweet on the cultural events you go to? It can be hard gettign a review into 140 characters but that's usually a 'safe' way to tweet stuff.
Let us know what your twitter name is and other 23 things people can follow you. Just ask @samanthahalf if she feels weird following both her line manager and her line manager's boyf!

Rowena 23 things team